The AAUW NC 2011 Annual Meeting will be Saturday, March 26 with networking events on the preceding Friday evening.
The Saturday, March 26 program will include:
- Nora Hanagan, recipient of AAUW American Fellowship
- Nora’s dissertation examines whether citizens can be held accountable for the behavior of their political institutions and argues that the life and thought of Jane Addams offers valuable insight into the responsibilities associated with democratic citizenship. She has taught in Duke University’s Women’s Studies Department.
- David Kirkwood, member of the AAUW National Board
- David been a long-term advocate for equality and diversity in the business environment. He serves on an engineering advisory council for a local community college where his goal is to ensure that women see a career path in STEM as both welcoming and supportive. He is a candidate for re-election as an AAUW Director at Large (More about AAUW candidates; David’s candidate video; email David)
- Millie Hoffler-Foushee, past president of AAUW NC and current Finance VP on the AAUW National Board
- Since being appointed as AAUW Finance VP for 2009-2011, Millie has worked to streamline and improve the AAUW finances. She is running for re-election to the AAUW board. In addition to leading AAUW NC as president 2008-2010 and serving as AAUW NC treasurer, she has also been active in the Greensboro branch including serving as its president. (More about AAUW candidates; Millie’s candidate video; email Millie)
- Branch Recognition of Promising Practices
- Additional opportunities for learning about AAUW and exchanging information with other branches
Friday, March 25, will include
- Friday “Fun Night”
- AAUW NC Board Meeting (branch presidents attend as members of the board)
Please make a point to attend to hear the conclusions from our Greensboro meeting and plan to vote on
Location: Best Western High Point,135 S. Main Street, High Point
For those who want to come in on Friday, a block of rooms is being held until Feb. 23:
- $69 per night plus tax
- For reservations call: 336-889-8888
Your vote and input on the new AAUW NC will be important!
Please share the flyer with other AAUW NC members: