Plans are on hold for 2020 Regional Meetings which, in normal times, would be scheduled for August/September for the branch presidents and other key leaders to meet with AAUW NC President Jane Terwillegar and other state board members as available. Key topics will be a review of 2020 events, what support the branches want from AAUW NC and what it can provide, as well as an opportunity to share successes and challenges across branch lines.
As of April 2020, the board is considering replacing these with a single meeting in the middle of the state to provide some of the networking that would have happened at the 2020 conference in March.
The branches included in the regions are:
- Triangle: Orange-Durham-Chatham, Raleigh/Wake County, Sandhills/Southern Pines
- Triad: Greensboro, Winston-Salem
- West: Asheville, Brevard, Bryson City, Hendersonville, Tryon Area, Western Carolina
- Southern: Charlotte, Gaston Regional, Salisbury
- East: Cape Fear, Jacksonville Regional, Twin Rivers
The Tar Heel Branch, our statewide virtual branch, may attend any of these meetings.
For more information or if you would like to host one of these events, contact the AAUW NC Vice President Kathy Pearre.
Here are links and resources discussed at the 2019 meetings.