AAUW of North Carolina is pleased to announce the winner of the 2013 Juvenile Literature Award: Kelly Starling Lyons for Tea Cakes for Tosh.
For 60 years, the North Carolina Literary and Historical Society has administered this award to a North Carolinian for the best example of juvenile literature published in the previous year. AAUW NC President Mary Peterson presented the award to Ms. Lyons in November.
The book will also be celebrated at the 2014 AAUW NC annual meeting:
- Each branch attending the meeting will receive one copy to take back to their public library.
- Additional copies will be available for purchase as part of the meeting registration. (Early deadline for those ordering books: March 14; books will not be shipped — you must arrange to pick them up at the meeting.)
- Ms. Lyons will join us for part of the meeting and will be available to sign books.
- Kelly Starling Lyons
- Tea Cakes for Tosh
- More about the award, the book and Ms. Lyons on page 5 of the recent Tar Heel News
- All the winners (back to 1953) of the AAUW Juvenile Literature Award