Dec. 11, 2009 – Feb. 15, 2010
This newsletter covers a fairly long period, and some announcements that were posted are now irrelevant. To get the information more quickly, please check http://facebook.com/aauwnc — particularly if you are responsible for forwarding information to your branch.
AAUW NC 2010 Convention – April 16, 17 in Charlotte
- Spring 2010 Tar Heel News (01/28/10) – full information on the convention. This should be arriving in USMail shortly
- Charlotte Convention Highlights (01/18/10)
- Key reminders about convention (02/11/10) – this is the “president’s packet” with key deadlines highlighted and additional forms
- Convention hotel information (02/11/10) – AAUW rate is valid until March 17
- Changes to convention agenda (02/11/10) – Updates to what was published in the Tar Heel News
- UNC Charlotte Tour for convention attendees (02/11/10) – Friday afternoon opportunity to tour UNC Charlotte
- Changes to AAUW NC Bylaws (02/06/10) – Bylaws that will apply at convention and opening a discussion on an amendment that will be proposed
- Minutes of the 2009 annual meeting (02/03/10) – What happened at convention last year; to be approved on April 17
- Minutes of the Fall 2009 board meeting (02/03/10) – What happened at the last board meeting; to be approved on April 16.
- To get one link for all these items (and others as they are posted), go to https://www.aauwnc.org/category/general/2010-nc-convention/
More AAUW NC News
- Two quick $tart $mart videos (02/10/10) — see also the information at www .aauwnc.org /about/start-smart
- AAUW NC to sponsor NCWU Member Showcase (01/31/10) – Raleigh/Wake County, Chapel Hill and the Tar Heel branches are participating along with state officers.
- Spring 2010 Tar Heel News (01/28/10)
- Goodbye, Elmira! Welcome, Cookie! (01/28/10)
- AAUW NC FY2010 Budget (01/20/10)
- Policy on approving AAUW NC public policy priorities (01/08/10
- Jacksonville Regional Branch February 2010 Newsletter (02/11/10)
- Jacksonville Regional Branch January 2010 Newsletter (01/20/10)
- AAUW Wilmington Scholarship Winner (01/07/10)
- AAUW Raleigh/Wake County will celebrate 100 years on Feb. 28
- Half the Sky Live: March 4 (02/10/10) – this film will be shown, one night only, at theaters in Raleigh, Concord, Charlotte and Asheville. Celebrate International Women’s Day by organizing a group!
Many other items are posted at http://facebook.com/aauwnc — please scroll through those announcements or sign up for Facebook and become a “fan” so you’ll see that information as it’s posted.
If you think it is important to get this information out to the e-mail list more frequently, please contact me to find out how to join the team that produces this summary. -Nancy