Plan now to attend the AAUW NC 2009 convention at the Blockade Runner Hotel, right on the water in Wrightsville Beach.
Most events will be Friday, March 27 with the AAUW NC spring board meeting at the hotel on Saturday morning, March 28. Brief schedule:
- Thursday afternoon: trolley tour of Wilmington
- Friday morning: workshop on “Riding the Wave to Financial Independence”
- Friday afternoon: annual meeting and sessions to discuss the major changes coming to AAUW in 2009
- Friday evening: gala banquet to celebrate 100 years of AAUW in North Carolina
- Saturday morning: AAUW NC board meeting
Plan to make a weekend of it — to enjoy other activities recommended by the Wilmington branch (some for spouses/significant others), or just to enjoy the beach in the spring!
Hotel rate is $99 plus tax (including breakfast)
Deadline for this rate: March 12, 2009
Call the Blockade Runner Hotel at 910.256.2251 or make your reservations online at www.blockade-runner.com, stating that you want a room in the AAUW block. Rooms held for AAUW NC will be released after March 12 and the room rate will increase. Check-in time is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.