Research on the gender wage gap shows that it can easily cost a new graduate $1 million over her career.
AAUW is addressing this gap with salary negotiation workshops –
- Smart Start for college students
- Work Smart for women in the workplace
AAUW NC is pitching in to support multiple workshops across the state from now until March 31, 2018. They will provide support for licensing fees, connect campus and community organizations with trained facilitators, and more.
Dorrie Sieberg, AAUW Program Manager for Salary Negotiation and a North Carolina resident, has offered to support facilitator training in NC.
Here’s more information on the AAUW NC program:
- How to plan a salary negotiation workshop
- Application for AAUW NC support for a workshop (first deadline 12/15/17)
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Jane Terwillegar (phone on contacts page)
To learn more or to sign up for online facilitator training (free for AAUW members), check out salary.aauw.org