AAUW has an ad in the program for the annual meeting of the North Carolina National Organization for Women. Here are the links mentioned in that ad, along with some additional resources.
- Request download link for Pay Equity Resource Kit.
Additional Pay Equity information from aauw.org
- Request download link for Affirmative Action Resource Kit
Additional Affirmative Action information from aauw.org
- Request download link for Title IX Resource Kit
Additional Title IX information from aauw.org
- Download Young Advocates Toolkit from ncchild.org
Additional information on using the toolkit from aauwnc.org
- Download Behind the Pay Gap, the 2007 AAUW Educational Foundation report that shows that just one year out of college, women working full time already earn less than their male colleagues, even when they work in the same field. Ten years after graduation, the pay gap widens.
12-page Executive Summary of Behind the Pay Gap
- All AAUW Research Reports, including series on sexual harassment, women in the workplace, equity issues on campuses, and gender equity in the schools. The Educational Foundation reports began in 1991-1992 with the publication of Shortchanging Girls: Shortchanging America, the groundbreaking research that changed the conversation about girls in the schools.
- More on AAUW Public Policy positions
Do you want to learn more?
- Follow AAUW and AAUW NC updates through RSS feeds. [Note that you can “subscribe” to RSS feeds through e-mail using sites like rssfwd.com, but also consider upgrading your web browsing practices to use an RSS reader. See www.aauw.org for an overview. Note that both of these sites allow you to subscribe to just a subset of the news. AAUW NC’s public policy feed and AAUW’s equity issues and legislative alerts feeds may be of particular interest.
- Join us! Members have access to members-only resources like a series of e-mail lists and
- the weekly Washington Update
- downloads available only to members – for example, the Woman-to-Woman Voter Turnout Guide
For information on joining AAUW NC or a branch in North Carolina, please contact email@example.com.
If you have time, please watch this 6.5 minute video for more about AAUW. Everyone speaking is an AAUW member: