AAUWNC supports the following:
- Increased access to health care including Medicaid Expansion, reproductive health care, COVID vaccines, etc.
- Stimulus payments directly to individuals to include extended unemployment duration and payment to individuals.
- Restore/expand unemployment benefits including child care subsidies.
- Paid sick/family/medical leave for all including paid days off for a new child or an ailing family member.
- All insurance companies inclusion of COVID-19 related expenses including funds to be reimbursed for additional costs incurred related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Paycheck Fairness Act.
- Raise Wage Act which would gradually increase the Federal minimum wage of $15/hr.
- Healthy Families Act allowing individuals to stay home when ill without concern over losing jobs.
- Pregnant Workers Fairness Act in which pregnant women are provided with reasonable accommodations to protect their health.
- The ERA Amendment passage in NC.
- Funding to re-establish the Violence Against Women’s Act
- Monetary assistance to Food Banks, and school-related food programs.
- Equal Tax Treatment of Gov’t Retirees to protect retiree’s benefits in NC.
Equal Access to Education:
- Revisions of the Guidelines for Opportunity Vouchers and opposing increase in usage in private schools.
- Stem Opportunities Act promotion.
- Efforts to cancel student debt/loans following Federal guidelines.
- Increase teachers’ pay, re-establish teacher fellows program, and master pay for advanced degrees.
- Title IX policy revisions including steps to stop workplace, school and military harassment.
- Higher Education Act providing assistance for public and private K-12 schools and higher education and funds for a multi-pronged approach to enhance community including student access to high-speed internet.
- In-person Learning Choice supported with adherence to CDC guidelines.