- Support passage of the Equal Rights Amendment to the United States Constitution.
Economic Self Sufficiency
- Raise the minimum wage– Supporting legislation bringing the minimum wage in line with the current economy.
- Promote equal pay policies and practices to close the gender gap – Supporting legislation to close the earning ratio of women and men working full time, year-round.
- Increase support for quality, locally governed public education by
- Supporting legislation restoring funding to public education in North Carolina;
- Opposing expansion of the school voucher program and implementing accountability measures and consequences which are comparable for public and private schools receiving state or local funding, including educational vouchers.
- Developing teacher salary schedules which bring North Carolina’s teacher’s salaries in line with national averages.
- Promoting educational opportunities for girls and women – Supporting funding for Title IX and STEM programs
- Support the Governor’s proposal to expand Medicaid – Increasing the availability of health care for residents of North Carolina.