Friday dinner at Liberty Oak
Location: 100-D West Washington St.
Time: Arrive between 6 and 6:15 pm
Price for special menu: $20.29 to 23.29 plus tax and gratuity
- Shrimp and Grits: shrimp sauteed in garlic and shallots, served over goat cheese grits with a lobster tomato broth, garnished with sundried tomatoes and crisp bacon
- Savanna Roast Hand Pulled Pork: tossed in a smoky chipotle sauce, served with sweet tomato and spinach cornbread and bacon braised collard greens
- Fried Chicken: sage-buttermilk marinated boneless breasts fried in a pecan flour crust, topped with a tropical fruit and black bean salsa and chipotle glaze, served over mashed potatoes and sauteed vegetables.
- Salmon (gluten free meal): cumin and chili rubbed grilled salmon filet topped with jalapeno vinaigrette and 3 pepper and corn relish served with Basmati rice and roasted Brussel sprout and Chorizo succotash (medium spicy)
- Vegetarian Curry Wonton Bowl: filled with onions, mushrooms, squash, zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, corn and mango. Drizzled with curry sauce.
Dessert will be snacks and sweets at the “Wine and Wisdom” Party back at the Marriott Hotel in the Hospitality Room, third floor. Hosted by AAUW Greensboro.
There will be a continental breakfast at the morning meeting. Contributions will be accepted to defray the cost. There is also a $15 buffet at the hotel, served from 6:30 to 11:00.
Update: There is a Whole Foods in the Shops at Friendly Center, less than a 10 minute drive from the hotel: 3202 W Friendly Ave. There is a Hardee’s at 500 W. Market that opens at 7 am on Saturday.
The Saturday lunch will be a buffet with vegetarian and gluten free options.