The Tar Heel News has gone to the printer and should be hitting members’ mailboxes later this month. AAUW NC is still committed to publishing a paper version of the newsletter since we know it is the only “touch” that most members see from the state organization. But if you would prefer email only, please use the opt out form and be sure you subscribe to the e-newsletter.
Download this issue here:
- Tar Heel News Fall/Winter 2015 (December 2014)
This edition includes information on
- Leadership training at the AAUW NC annual meeting, March 20-21 in Greensboro
- Ideas and news from the Charlotte, Wilmington, Hendersonville, Jacksonville Regional, Brevard, Asheville, Chapel Hill, Twin Rivers/New Bern, Winston-Salem and Greensboro
- Information on the Juvenile Literature Award winner — Joan Holub for Little Red Writing (winners back to 1953)
- Reprints from AAUW on Eleanor Roosevelt’s ties to AAUW and what to expect from the Supreme Court.
- Public Policy notes on automated calls made to encourage voting in the last election as well as plans for tracking the NC General Assembly in 2015.
- A first call for those interested in serving AAUW NC as president and branch advocate.