At the AAUW North Carolina 2009 Convention (March 27 in Wilmington), we will be celebrating 100 years of AAUW in North Carolina. This is the first of what we hope will be several posts celebrating our history.
AAUW branches in North Carolina
This list shows 59 branches that have organized in North Carolina. As of 2008, we have 21 branches. For all the branches, about 75% survived 10 years, 50% survived 30 years, and 25% survived 50 years. Of the remaining 21, 75% were formed 30 or more years ago, 50% are at least 55 years old, and 25% have been around for at least 80 years. Their average age is 56 years.
Presidents of AAUW of North Carolina
If you have corrections to this list, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or call or FAX 866/525-2155. We are particularly interested in contact information for the women who are marked as “lost” so that we can notify them of the 2009 celebration.
If you have information on the history of your branch, you are welcome to post it here as we collect information on our 100 years of working for equity and education for women and girls.