AAUW of North Carolina is pleased to announce the winner of the 2014 Juvenile Literature Award: Joan Holub for Little Red Writing.
For more than 60 years, the North Carolina Literary and Historical Association has administered this award to a North Carolinian for the best example of juvenile literature published in the previous year. AAUW NC President Mary Peterson presented the award to Ms. Holub in November. Lillian Van Order of the Wilmington branch assisted in the presentation and coordination with the Literary and Historical Association.
The book will also be celebrated at the 2015 AAUW NC annual meeting:
- Each branch attending the meeting will receive one copy to take back to their public library.
- Additional copies will be available for purchase as part of the meeting registration. (Deadline for those ordering books: March 15; books will not be shipped — you must arrange to pick them up at the meeting.)
- Ms. Holub will join us for part of the meeting and will be available to sign books.
- Joan Holub
- Little Red Writing
- More about the award, the book and Ms. Holub on page 5 of the recent Tar Heel News
- All the winners (back to 1953) of the AAUW Juvenile Literature Award