The NC Women United Women‘s Advocacy Day is a biennial event when we and our coalition partners from around the state meet at the NC General Assembly to
- Share information and position papers on public policy issues apt to come before the legislature
- Hear from advocates and those with a broader perspective on advocacy (this year it is dream hampton as keynote speaker), and, of course
- Meet with our legislators to let them know our views.
AAUW NC is planning a table in the 1300 Court — again, along with our allies — and we will be sharing copies of
- AAUW NC Public Policy Priorities for 2015
- AAUW Federal Public Policy Priorities for 114th Congress
- AAUW Quick Facts on the Gender Pay Gap
- More about the Gender Pay Gap
- We’ll have plenty of copies of The Simple Truth About the Gender Pay Gap – pick some up to take to your next meeting or share with your legislators.
- Related information from AAUW’s newest report, Solving the Equation: The Variables for Women’s Success in Engineering and Computing
- AAUW Quick Facts on Paid Sick Days
- AAUW Quick Facts on the ERA
- AAUW Public Policy Principles and Priorities / 2013-2015
- AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund overview
- Woman to Woman Voter Turnout Manual
- AAUW Action Fund Congressional Voting Record (113th Congress, 2013-2014)
- Summary of other AAUW Public Policy Resources (as of 2/2015 – this changes regularly)
Do stop by and learn more about AAUW’s advocacy efforts or check out
We will also have information on
- AAUW Research Reports – highlighting issues of gender equity in schools and the workplace
- AAUW Fellowships and Grants – supporting graduate students, community action projects, and more
Finally, if you’d like to learn more about AAUW, check out a branch near you or our state-wide virtual branch — they’re running a membership special through May 10.