June 15 – July 15
Friday-Saturday, July 25-26 – Board meeting and leadership meeting in Salisbury – the advance registration deadline has passed, but if you find you can join us, do come! Check with Harriet Murphy, email@example.com, to see about availability of lunches. Post to this list (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to find a roommate for Friday night.
AAUW NC News
- Highlights for the July 25-26 meeting (07/07/08) – Millie’s plan for the Salisbury meeting. Come one, come all!
- Information on 2008-2009 officers (07/03/08) – how to contact elected and the first of the appointed officers for AAUW NC. Also a link to a password-protected list of contact information for branch officers.
- Thoughts on AAUW NC Conventions (07/08/08) – summaries of our earlier discussions; may be of interest as we change further
- Spring 2008 e-Communications Survey (07/08/08) – what folks said about these e-newsletters, the web site and more
- Welcome to AAUW NC History (07/07/08) – key information from the 2002 “History of AAUW” has been updated and posted to the website. We hope for more to come.
- Errata: Summer 2008 Tar Heel News (07/07/08) – do update your copy and any that you pass along to others
- Corrected minutes (07/12/08) – corrected spellings of names for Fall 2007 and Convention 2006
- Watch for call for candidates for Association positions (07/07/08) – call is not yet on www.aauw.org but is expected soon. Carolyn Garfein (candidate for AAUW president 2009-2011) will undoubtedly have more information at the Salisbury meeting.
- Info for NC Women’s Advocacy Day (06/18/08) – the packet of information we made available to Advocacy Day attendees. See also the list of other presentations for samples of talks and displays for other audienc
- AAUW Celebrates 36th Anniversary of Title IX (06/21/08)
- Contact your NC Legislator regarding EITC (06/20/08)
- Info for NC Women’s Advocacy Day (06/18/08) – the packet of information we made available to Advocacy Day attendees. Check here for ideas if you’ll have a booth at a voter ed event, a Women’s Agenda Assembly, or a candidates forum this fall. See also the list of other presentations for samples of talks and displays for other audiences.
- Raleigh/Wake County, 2007-2008 (07/05/08) – one of a few branch reports for the year. E-mail Nancy if you’d like to get one from your branch posted.
- AAAS Women in Science booklet released (07/10/08) – stories about Women in Science
- Six Key Requirements for Effective Collaboration (07/03/08) – notes from the recent Science House Girls Collaborative Forum; applicable in many contexts, not just STEM
- Pass-It-On Grants (06/24/08) – grants designed to create a network of technical women helping each other. Deadline Oct. 26.
Do you want to get these messages in “real time” but don’t want to keep checking the web? You can use an “rss reader” to watch the announcements, but if you don’t want to make that leap, you can get messages in e-mail as they are posted. See the subscribe information.