AAUW NC News
February 6-25, 2009
- Branch presidents have now received messages about opting in to the Membership Pilot Program. See the post about the MPP from last month.
- The web scavenger hunt is an opportunity to win free national/state memberships for the participants or others in your branch. There aren’t any entries yet — so your chances of winning are good! If you have questions or need an extension on the March 4 deadline, please contact me.
- The nominating committee is still searching for a 2009-2011 treasurer. If you handle your family’s finances, you are almost certainly qualified for this position. Read more — and encourage your finance-savvy branch members to consider asking about the opportunity.
- Register now for the AAUW NC Convention
AAUW NC 2009 Convention
- Packet about the Convention (02/21/09) – the detailed information that was sent to the branch presidents.
Other AAUW news
- Changes to the AAUW bylaws (02/24/09) – a cheat sheet suitable for publication in branch newsletters or for use as a handout at a branch or board meeting where the changes will be discussed.
- Fundraising totals for 2008 (02/20/09) – how did your branch do compared to other branches and compared to last year?
- February 1 Membership Counts (02/25/09) – congrats to Brevard, Tryon Area and Wilmington for showing growth in both the last year and over the last three years.
- Dues for 2009-2010 (02/14/09) – if you are starting to prepare 2009-2010 invoices, note that AAUW dues will remain $49 and AAUW NC dues will remain $11.
Public Policy News
- Save the date! Women’s Advocacy day – April 1, 2009 (02/15/09) – Plan now to come to Raleigh on April 1 to help support issues we and our allies are working on.
- Public Policy Briefs from the Tar Heel Branch site — links to information that will be discussed on Women’s Advocacy Day
You are welcome to post your newsletters at www.aauwnc.org to get more visibility for your branch. You may also send a year-end report and have that posted (see 2007-2008 reports for examples). Contact me for help or instructions.
- Tar Heel Branch e-newsletter v2009.02 (02/16/09)
- AAUW Jacksonville Regional February 2009 Newsletter (02/12/09)
Do you want to get these messages in “real time” but don’t want to keep checking the web? You can use an “rss reader” to watch the announcements, but if you don’t want to make that leap, you can get messages in e-mail as they are posted. See the subscribe information.