The AAUW of North Carolina Policy Statement, the policies and procedures that extend the bylaws, was last revised in October 2009. That means it is out of date with significant changes in both the national and state bylaws. An effort started in the fall of 2013 to bring it up to date. This page documents the status of that effort as of March 2015.
NOTE: The discussion at the 2014 annual meeting included a suggestion that this document be renamed to something like “Operational Handbook” to clarify that it was documenting procedures more than setting policy.
- 2009 Version of the Policy Statement
- Section on officers
- Draft of questions on the financial policies
- Draft of new discussion on Branch Advocate and Presidents’ Council
- Past proposals for “meeting rules” as templates for a new one to be included by reference. [Both include outdated language referring to delegates. The bylaws no longer use that term.]
- Information on coalitions which AAUW NC has joined.
The source files for the above PDFs (either DOC or – for the diagram – PPT) are in the AAUW NC DropBox folder. Contact the state president for access.