- Support Efforts to raise the minimum wage, thus promoting pay equity for girls/women throughout their lifespan by promoting actions that foster paid family and sick leave, explore discrimination concerns in retirement wage gaps and social security issues/concerns, and by providing salary negotiation workshops to ensure equal pay for equal work.
- Advocate for SNAP/FNS and other nutrition programs (Federal program administered by NC) and advocate for additional affordable housing options.
- Promoting efforts to stop harassment in the workplace by supporting actions that ensure civil rights laws, including affirmative action, be followed, and policies providing for the freedom from violence/fear of violence in homes, schools, workplaces and communities be uniformly implemented.
- Support equal opportunities for girls/women by advocating increasing teacher salaries to the average national level, funding of STEM, especially in middle and high schools.
- Promote traditional public education, by advocating that limits be placed on the expansion of new Charter Schools, that restrictions, accountability measures and consequences involving the school voucher program (Opportunity Vouchers) ensuring they are comparable for public and private schools receiving state or local funding be implemented, and adequate funds for all Title IX programs be provided.
- Support expanding quality early learning and child care centers.
- Promote equitable distribution of state school funding, exploring the opportunity for additional funds for the disadvantaged and low performing schools.
- Support passage of the Equal Rights Amendment to the United States Constitution.
- Expand and protect voting rights, by supporting efforts to end partisan gerrymandering and advocating nonpartisan redistricting procedures, the expansion of early voting opportunities, and the removal of restrictions on voter ID limitations/intimidation tactics.
- Support equal access to quality affordable health care in North Carolina, by supporting the efforts to maintain the tenets of the Affordable Care Act, and promote the Medicaid expansion proposal to increase availability for low income North Carolinians.