Photos from the 2019 Conference — oh, what we are missing this year!
What changes are in the works?
Since the 2020 conference in Asheville was cancelled on March 12, the AAUW NC board and, especially the Executive Committee (President Jane Terwillegar, Vice President Kathy Pearre, Branch Advocate Janet Bunger, and Treasurer Wendy Haner) have been hard at work to develop plans for AAUW NC to continue its work in this time of social distancing.
Here are some of the changes:
- Refunds have been issued for conference registrations and meals – all checks should arrive by the middle of next week. Check with email@example.com if you haven’t received yours by then.
- An annual meeting (for election of 2020-2021 officers and other business) has been scheduled as a virtual event at 7 pm on Wednesday, May 13.
- AAUW NC has subscribed to a Zoom account for the annual meeting and for board meetings.
- Branches may request access to the Zoom account for their meetings. (See schedule of Zoom tutorials between now and the annual meeting, and watch for news of how to schedule branch access to Zoom. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.)
- We are looking at ways to deliver some of the conference content in a webinar format. That will start with Christi Whitworth discussing the STEM project that would have been rolled out at the conference.
- We are still planning for a “live” meeting at the Governor’s Mansion on August 26 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment.
- As things return to “normal” (or a “new normal”) we’d hope for face-to-face meetings this fall, perhaps a Presidents’ Council meeting to gather many of the branches for the sharing that we missed last month.
Details on all these will be announced here and in Connect, our e-newsletter. Please be sure you subscribe, review each issue, and share the information with branch members who may have fallen behind in their email. If your email address has changed, or if you are a new member, use the subscribe button below.