Folks are starting to see the billboards in four locations around the state:
- Wilmington on S. College Rd southbound, just north of Randall Parkway, beside the Mattress Capital
- Concord at Hwy 29/601 southbound at Hartman Place NW, beside Pro-Tint
- Greensboro on Coliseum Blvd northbound, just south of W. Gate City Blvd, across Coliseum Blvd from the Coliseum
- Raleigh on I-40 eastbound, after Lake Wheeler Rd, Exit 297, just before South Saunders St., Exit 298
Why? To start a BUZZ about the ERA — unless the people are talking about why this important, the NC General Assembly will let the bills to make NC the final state to ratify the ERA — a chance it missed with the 19th amendment!
So what can you do?
- Take a picture of one of the billboards and share it on social media — or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll include it in our gallery.
- Make sure your representatives in the NCGA support the ERA (and if not, that they know you do!)
- Review the FAQ from ERA-NC and talk about this with your friends, the person in line at the grocery store, and more — especially those who might have seen the billboard but wonder what in the world is going on. (So many people think the ERA passed years ago!)
- See the ERA-NC list of how to get involved — including joining the alliance as an individual or a group.
- Other ideas? Send them to email@example.com and we’ll pass them along!