Folks are starting to see the billboards in four locations around the state:
- Wilmington on S. College Rd southbound, just north of Randall Parkway, beside the Mattress Capital
- Concord at Hwy 29/601 southbound at Hartman Place NW, beside Pro-Tint
- Greensboro on Coliseum Blvd northbound, just south of W. Gate City Blvd, across Coliseum Blvd from the Coliseum
- Raleigh on I-40 eastbound, after Lake Wheeler Rd, Exit 297, just before South Saunders St., Exit 298
AAUW NC collaborated with its partners NC NOW and the ERA-NC Alliance to place these billboards in high traffic locations around the state.
Why? To start a BUZZ about the ERA — unless the people are talking about why this important, the NC General Assembly will let the bills to make NC the final state to ratify the ERA — a chance it missed with the 19th amendment!
AAUW NC President Jane Terwillegar (above in white jacket to the right of the banner) spoke at the press conference that unveiled the ERA Billboards for the NC General Assembly.
So what can you do?
- Take a picture of one of the billboards and share it on social media — or send it to email@example.com and we’ll include it in our gallery.
- Make sure your representatives in the NCGA support the ERA (and if not, that they know you do!)
- Review the FAQ from ERA-NC and talk about this with your friends, the person in line at the grocery store, and more — especially those who might have seen the billboard but wonder what in the world is going on. (So many people think the ERA passed years ago!)
- See the ERA-NC list of how to get involved — including joining the alliance as an individual or a group.
- Other ideas? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll pass them along!