The AAUW NC board met in Greensboro on August 9, 2019.
Here are the items discussed:
- March Board Minutes (with corrections)
- Annual Meeting Minutes from March (for reference, not approval)
- Strategic Plan (original from 2016)
- Current management plan
- FY19 Financial Report
- Proposed Budget – Draft 1 (The board plans a conference call to finalize and approve the budget.)
- May 2019 Update from national (See also the Kim Churches webinar)
- Board Directory (note the Branch Advocate position is now vacant: updated version)
- Review of 2017-2019 activities
- NC Branch Membership data
- Regional structure of the branches and initial info on regional meetings
- Plans to support salary negotiation (or not)
- Public Policy Report and discussion of ERA Billboard
- Communications and editorial calendar for recurring posts on the website
- Committee 2020 Report – Commemoration of 19th Amendment (See also bus trip information.)
- 2020 AAUW NC Conference in Asheville (this was approved for March 27-28) and more details
- The ERA Billboard project is “hooked” to Constitution Day, September 17, 2019. Here are other activities related to Constitution Day.
- The NC Council for Women and Youth Involvement has released their report on Health and Wellness.
- The NC Department of Natural and Cultural Resources is kicking off a year long celebration around the 100th anniversary of the 19th amendment. Learn more about this Sept 7 event and contact Virginia Adamson to help with the AAUW NC table.They plan a local version of the toolkit you can find at the national site womensvote100.org which will be posted at www.ncdcr.gov/shechangedtheworld.
- Watch for an issue of Connect (subscribe here) after the ERA Billboard (sponsored by the ERA-NC Alliance, NC NOW and AAUW NC) goes up around the state.