We do hope all members are safe and recovery will be smooth from the damage done by Florence. We are particularly concerned about our branches in New Bern (Twin Rivers), Jacksonville, and Wilmington (Cape Fear).
Thanks to co-Presidents Cherrie Wheaton and Jane Terwillegar and interim editor Laura Garmendia for the Fall Edition of the AAUW NC news. This is the first issue of the e-Newsletter since the board voted to suspend publication of the Tar Heel News which has been sent in paper to all members for more than sixty years. We hope you’ll let us know what you think about this new format. This issue includes notes about
- the co-presidents representing AAUW NC at ERA and Women’s Equality Day events,
- a summary of last month’s workshop at the NC Justice Center,
- branch activities across the state,
- upcoming regional meetings to learn more about AAUW and AAUW NC projects,
- a contest to “name the newsletter” to help us launch this new series of e-communications, and more.
The issue and an addendum were e-mailed to a list of addresses that we had on file in April and to members who joined since then. We’re not sure we reached everyone since some email addresses may have changed. If you didn’t get the email, please do “subscribe” at this link.
In other news, over the next few months the website will be undergoing an update. A new website along with the e-newsletter will help the communication strategy be revamped to better serve the members. If you want to be involved in AAUW NC communications (the e-newsletter, the website, social media), please do contact firstname.lastname@example.org.