Join us Friday afternoon and Saturday, April 1-2, for the 2016 AAUW NC annual meeting in Chapel Hill. We will continue last year’s theme of Leadership in Challenging times, and our focus on Saturday will be on recruiting and retaining members through inclusion, diversity, and social media.
All the events associated with the meeting (including the Friday dinner and Saturday lunch) will be at the
- Agenda for Friday, April 1 — afternoon meeting for branch presidents; evening discussion for all branch members (updated 3/28)
- Agenda for Saturday, April 2 — business meeting, workshop, and more (updated 3/28)
Note that the Tar Heel Branch will hold its annual meeting at 7:45 am in the Coach Room.
- Hotel information — deadline for AAUW rate was March 8
- What to do in Chapel Hill (on Friday afternoon or after the meeting ends)
- Meeting Registration — deadline March 24 if you wish to be included in meals or purchase a book (see below). But do register online let us know you’re coming, even if you miss the deadline.
- Donate to the Ann Chipley endowment — link for individuals to make tax deductible contributions directly to AAUW. Branch members will have the donation credited to their primary branch.
- Login to this site’s Member Center (check with your branch president or email@example.com for the credentials) to see who is registered for the meeting. (no longer available)
Background information and notes
- Dinner at the hotel on Friday at 6:00 will have separate checks and will be organized so that the group can get to the evening session at 7:30. Please do indicate on the registration form if you will be joining the group in the hotel for dinner, but you are free to grab a bite somewhere else.
- Frances O’Roark Dowell, winner of the 2015 Juvenile Literature Award, will join us on Saturday. Each branch attending will receive a copy of her book to put in their public library, and you may purchase additional copies when you register for $14.50 each. Learn more about the award and her book.
- The Saturday workshop will build on last year’s discussions and include information from the national AAUW. You are encouraged to review the resources from www.aauw.org.
- The deadline on funding the Ann Chipley Endowment is May 2017. Once the fund reaches the $100,000 goal (currently about $91,000) it will fund AAUW American Fellowships bearing Chipley’s name. For more about this remarkable woman who made a particular impact on North Carolina, see the Winter 2016 issue of the Tar Heel News or this summary post about the campaign and a resolution to commit AAUW NC funds to the endowment’s completion.
- Program: Jean D’Addario and Sandra McLaurin
- Logistics: Bea Keller and Pam Stephens
- Registration: JoAnn Taylor Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-free voicemail: 866-525-2155 (has been changed)