AAUW NC hosted a successful 2020 annual meeting using Zoom, and some branches have already started hosting meetings that way.
A Zoom account that will support meetings of up to 100 people for an unlimited amount of time may be within your branch’s budget (at $149.90/year). Note that a free Zoom account supports up to 100 people for up to 40 minutes (and 1-1 conversations for an unlimited time), so consider having key people in your branch sign up for their own accounts to get familiar with the tool and “hosting” meetings by using the free account for quick conversations about branch business (as well as to chat with family and friends in this time of social distancing).
However, AAUW NC is offering to “share” the state’s account with the branches.
Kathy Pearre, Vice President, has offered to keep the meeting calendar and to schedule Zoom meetings for branch activities. Guidelines for scheduling a meeting and the essential procedures are below. AAUW NC hopes this will help North Carolina members keep in touch during this summer.
Aside from the annual meeting and the town halls over the last couple of weeks, the AAUW NC board has been meeting with Zoom, Raleigh Wake/County has hosted two monthly meetings with Zoom (attracting people who don’t generally show up for face-to-face meetings), and Winston Salem used Zoom for their book group meeting with great success.
Guidelines for Using AAUW NC Zoom Account
- Authorized users are the following branch officers:
- Membership VPs,
- Program VPs, and
- Authorized users may schedule Zoom for branch leadership meetings, membership meetings, and programs/events.
- Send requests to email@example.com. (If you don’t hear back in a couple of days, leave a voicemail/text for AAUW NC at 984-212-5501.)
- Dates and times may be reserved up to 3 months in advance.
- Zoom sessions will be scheduled by the AAUW NC Vice President, who will provide a confirmed meeting link and a meeting ID to the branch officer who requested the meeting.
- The branch officer requesting the meeting will be person who shares the meeting link with attendees via email or another private channel.
- For security purposes, information on how to join a scheduled meeting (link, ID, password) shall not be posted to the website or in any public site.
- The AAUW NC host will begin each meeting by joining in the attendees. The branch meeting will then be turned over to a branch co-host who will conduct the meeting.
- When the meeting is done, the branch co-host needs to inform the AAUW NC host that the event is finished.