June 12 – July 14, 2009
Please report your branch officers
- As of July 1, AAUW and AAUW NC need information on your new branch officers. Find instructions on how to report those names and information on a change in the way AAUW NC is collecting the data at:
- Branch/State officer listing (07/07/09)
AAUW NC Summer Meeting – JULY 17, 18. Hendersonville.
- Minutes from the March board meeting (07/01/09) – to be approved at the Friday board meeting.
- Agenda for the summer meeting (06/11/09) – there are several topics for important conversations. Come, lend your voice!
- Registration information for the summer meeting (05/27/09) Come hear what happened in St. Louis and more! Hotel reservation deadline is June 17.
- Facilitator training in Hendersonville, July 17 (06/24/09) for those who want to promote or teach $tart $mart workshops on campuses across the state
- NOTE: Hotel has said they will still honor the AAUW rate
2009 AAUW Convention in St. Louis
- Lilly Ledbetter and Elmira Mangum (06/29/09)
- New clause in AAUW Public Policy Program (06/28/09). See also 2009-2011 AAUW public policy program: http://bit.ly/FDqYx
- New AAUW Bylaws (06/28/09)
$tart $mart workshops on salary negotiation skills for college women
Attend a session in Hendersonville or Raleigh to learn more about this important new AAUW program.
- $tart $mart Facilitator Training in Raleigh (07/08/09) – Tuesday, July 21
- Facilitator training in Hendersonville, July 17 (06/24/09)
- Overview of the project in North Carolina: https://www.aauwnc.org/about/start-smart/
- Join an e -mail list for announcements and more news. (This is where the 7/21 training was first announced)
Public Policy Notes
- Healthy Youth Act ratified! (06/26/09)
- See the public policy summary page for notes on all of our issues.
- Follow AAUW NC on twitter or Facebook for more timely updates
- June/July 2009 Wilmington Newsletter (06/11/09)
- May 2009 Wilmington Newsletter (06/11/09)
Do you want to get these messages in “real time” but don’t want to keep checking the web? You can use an “rss reader” to watch the announcements, but if you don’t want to make that leap, you can get messages in e-mail as they are posted. See the subscribe information.