Here are some of the handouts and additional info from the March 28-29 annual meeting.
- Summary of tweets from Friday/Saturday
- All posts on this site referencing the meeting
AAUW NC information
- A draft of the AAUW NC report on the voting record of NC legislators in the 2013 legislative session was distributed in the registration packets. A version has been sent to the branches, and it will be released to the public in April. Questions and comments to Mary Peterson or Nancy Shoemaker (see contacts)
- JoAnn Hall and Peg Holmes were elected Treasurer and Vice President for 2015-2017.
- Resolutions were passed to fund a $600 scholarship to NCCWSL, to join the Operation Jumpstart coalition (archived version), and to take a formal position supporting public schools and their teachers. More details will be posted.
More will be posted as we get further into the spring state meeting schedule and things are posted on www.aauw.org. Here are a couple of things and an indication of “what’s coming”.
- AAUW Quick Facts Guides – two page documents covering a wide range of public policy issues
- AAUW’s impact on North Carolina — a document showing the multiple ways that AAUW Funds have been invested in North Carolina
- Information on the Legacy Circle — AAUW’s planned giving program. A hearty thanks to AAUW NC members who have joined the circle: Millie Hoffler-Foushee (Greensboro/Tar Heel), Barbara Ann Hughes (Raleigh), Beth Norris (Raleigh), Shirley Quisenberry (Asheville), and Leslie Syron (Raleigh/Tar Heel).
- Video shown at the meeting covering many aspects of AAUW
- A 30-second recruitment video: Join Us!