AAUW NC News
Sept. 29 – October 31, 2007
Please scan this list of “headlines” and if there’s something of interest, do read the full story. If these links are not “clickable” for you, go to https://www.aauwnc.org/category/e-newsletters for another copy of this and back issues, or use the “search” in the upper right of https://www.aauwnc.org to go straight to the right article. [On any page, you can click an article title to get the page with just that article – may be more suitable for printing.]
New AAUW NC Web Site
- New aauwnc.org is launched (10/26/07) – The “old” site and the “blog” have been merged into one coordinated site with both news and background information. There’s still some cleanup to be done. Please let me know if you have comments or suggestions.
AAUW NC lost a great friend
- A Tribute to Florence Soltys (10/01/07)
AAUW NC Outreach Efforts
“Virtual booths” from meetings we’ve attended recently – watch for more like this …
- Info for attendees at the Duke Funding Workshop (10/29/07)
- Info for NC Conference for Women attendees (10/28/07)
- Information for NC NOW (10/18/07)
AAUW NC Fall Meeting
As previously reported, everyone who responded to the question “Was the meeting worth your time and money?” said “yes” on both counts. If you missed the meeting, here’s some of the information we covered. Please do plan to join us in Greensboro for Convention April 18-20.
- Notes from tech session (Friday, Oct. 19) (10/31/07) – the new www.aauw.org and new www.aauwnc.org
- Have you got seven minutes? (10/07/07) – the AAUW promotional video
- Justice 4 All (10/28/07) – information from Queen Thompson, Diversity Chair
- Communications Panel Condensed Tips for Getting Media Attention for Your Branch – Fall Meeting (10/24/07)
- Fundraising Report October 2007 (10/22/07) – 3rd quarter fundraising totals and more
- Information on the AAUW NC 2008 Convention (10/21/07)
- Presentation on the Young Advocates Toolkit (10/21/07)
- Membership Committee Report (10/19/07)
- Information for the High Point Meeting (10/18/07)
- Budget for 2008 Convention (10/13/07)
- AAUW NC 9/30/07 treasurer (10/13/07)
- AAUW NC Board Minutes 7-14-07 (09/26/07)
Belated information from AAUW Convention in Phoenix
- Packaged presentation for girls (10/15/07)
- Action Alert: Violence Against Women and Victims of Crime Acts (10/26/07)
- 2007 North Carolina Child Health Report Card (10/15/07)
- Workshop for Young Women in High School and College (10/06/07)
- Video available on NGCP (10/28/07)
- AAUW/JACKSONVILLE REGIONAL BRANCH OCTOBER 2007 NEWSLETTER (10/12/07)
- Wilmington Branch to learn about Thalian Hall Project (09/29/07)
Do you want to get these messages in “real time” but don’t want to keep checking the web? You can use an “rss reader” to watch the announcements, but if you don’t want to make that leap, go to https://www.aauwnc.org and look for the “Get updates by e-mail” link in the “Join the Discussion” section near the bottom of the grey, right-hand column. Click that, then enter your e-mail address and click “Subscribe”, and you’ll get them as they are posted. We still do use the e-mail list, firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail email@example.com if you are getting this message second hand), but more and more information is getting posted to the news system so we don’t have to clutter your inbox.
See https://www.aauwnc.org/a-gentle-introduction-to-rss/ for more about RSS. See http://aauw.org/rss for the RSS feeds on the new aauw.org.
Starting with July, 2007, you can find back issues of this newsletter at http://news.aauwnc.org/category/e-newsletters/ and subscribe to that through an RSS feed.
If you’d like to add your branch news to this system, see this article. See also the branch websites with headlines from Asheville and Raleigh/Wake County: https://www.aauwnc.org/branch-news. If there are updates to the branch website addresses, please send them to me.
If you have comments or suggestions on this e-newsletter system, please let me know.