The 2020 AAUW NC Conference, March 27-28 in Asheville, will be a chance to hear from a number of remarkable speakers, including
- Kati Hornung, Campaign Coordinator of VAratifyERA, on the successful ERA campaign in Virginia – 1:00 Saturday
- Nancy Cable, UNC Asheville Chancellor, on Title IX and changes in sexual harassment investigations – 11:15 Saturday
- Angie Newsome, founder and CEO of online Carolina Public Press, speaking on her journey as an entrepreneur and how to sift throughmedia for real facts – 4:00 on Friday);
- Emily Breedlove, Asheville resident and national speaker, talking about pay equity for women – 5:00 Friday
- Mary Williams-Stover, Executive Director NC Council on Women and Youth Involvement, and
Shannon Dowler, Chief Medical Officer for NC Medicaid, with a discussion of women’s health in NC – 10:00 Saturday
(preview – short talk from 1/23/2020 by Williams-stover)
- Rick Glazier, Executive Director NC Justice Center, with a state and federal legislative update – 10:00 Saturday
- Amanda Edwards, Buncombe County Commissioner, and Patsy Keever, former NC Representative, discussing ways to get more women elected to public office – 11:15 Saturday
- Karen Wallace-Meigs, Executive Director of WNC Girls on the Run, with a panel of students giving their perspectives on becoming women who change the world.
- AAUW NC members Christi Whitworth discussing a new statewide STEM program, and Kathy Pearre with information on the AAUW salary negotiation program Work Smart.
Times are subject to change.
Join us for an opportunity to hear from these presenters and to network with women from across the state!