Join us Friday afternoon and Saturday, March 31-April 1, for the 2017 AAUW NC annual meeting in Greensboro. We will be joined by Melissa Johnsen, member of the national AAUW Board, who will lead a workshop on Reproductive Justice and address the broader context of the impact of the national election on women’s rights.
Greensboro Marriott Downtown for all events but the Friday dinner.
304 North Greene St., Greensboro NC 27401
The AAUW rate is $125/night (2 doubles/king) and includes complimentary parking. Deadline for the AAUW rate is
March 3 March 10.
Dinner Friday is at the Liberty Oak Restaurant
100-D W. Washington St. Greensboro
about a half-mile from the hotel
- Meeting Overview
- Agenda for Friday, March 31 — afternoon meeting for branch presidents; evening discussion for all branch members
- Agenda for Saturday, April 1 — business meeting, workshop, statewide virtual branch meeting, and more
- Meeting Registration
- PDF to print and mail
- Online – pay online or USMail a check (no longer available)
- Check your registration and see who else is going (no longer available – had been protected by a login to the website)
Background information and notes
- The Friday night restaurant is not far from the hotel, walking distance for some, but others may wish to drive and there is a garage near the restaurant. Please do indicate on the registration form if you will be joining the group in the hotel for dinner, but you are free to grab a bite somewhere else.
- The business meeting will include a the election of officers for 2017-2019 — see page 11 of the recent Tar Heel News.
- Note that the statewide, virtual branch, the Tar Heel Branch, will meet at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday in the hospitality room before the AAUW NC meeting is convened. Light refreshments will be served. All are welcome — THB membership is just $5 for those who are pay AAUW dues through another NC branch.
- The workshop/keynote will be presented by AAUW board member Melissa Johnsen — see page 3 of the recent Tar Heel News.
- For more information on Ann Chipley and the recently completed endowment in her honor, see this post about the final year of fundraising.
- Sheila Turnage, winner of the 2016 Juvenile Literature Award, will join us on Saturday. Each branch attending will receive a copy of her book to put in their public library, and you may purchase additional copies when you register for $13.42 each. Learn more about the award and her book.
- Program: Jean D’Addario, 910-540-7702; Sandra McLaurin, 910-392-0395, email@example.com
- Logistics: Cherrie Wheaton, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration: JoAnn Taylor Hall, 910-577-1890, email@example.com
- Toll-free voicemail: 866-525-2155